Must Read Monday: Cooperation

It's Monday which means it's time for Must Read Monday with my blogging buddies Kindergarten Planet and The Kindergarten Connection 
Oh, and Monday also means it's time for The Bachelorette!!  Any other Bachelorette fans out there?!?!  
 
Back to Must Read Monday!  I just wanted to do a quick post here because all of my books are very similar.  This week's theme is cooperation.  The books that immediately came to mind are all by the same author and illustrator - Steven Kroll and Jeni Bassett - and I love reading them to my students!
*Images are from Amazon and you can find all of these books at Amazon.com!
If you aren't familiar with these books, the mice (Clayton and Desmond), are usually trying to win some sort of contest.  They end up doing everything individually and throughout the story they realize that doing things with someone else and working together is better!  What a great message for teaching cooperation to students!
 
Join the fun on Mondays by using this schedule!
    post signature

1 comment

  1. I love the books you included for Must Read Monday!! I had no idea there were so many variations!! I now need 'The Biggest Christmas Tree Ever', 'The Biggest Valentine Ever', and 'The Biggest Easter Basket Ever'! I had only read these books as a holiday story, never thinking to use them to teach cooperation! What a wonderful idea! Thank you so very much for sharing your books with us, you taught me some new books and reminded me of how to use some old favorites!

    Erin
    Kindergarten Dragons

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top